We all want our homes to feel comfortable, no matter the season. There are other options available than the traditional central heating and air systems that allow you to create a comfortable home. In this article, we’ll discuss the year-round advantages of multi-zone mini split systems and why you should consider them for temperature control in your home.
What Is a Mini Split System?
A mini split system helps cool or heat individual rooms, rather than one unit heating and cooling the entire house. They are composed of two units: one outside and one inside. The indoor units are designed to hang discreetly on a wall so that they aren’t an eyesore.
Benefits of the Multi-Zone Mini Split System
Let’s look at the many year-round advantages of multi-zone mini split systems.
- Customize the temperature in each room by controlling each unit separately.
- Increase your comfort level as the unit quickly heats or cools a room.
- Lower energy use means a much lower energy bill.
- Low profile compared to a window unit.
- No need for ductwork means less mess and less maintenance.
- Enhance your current HVAC system by adding mini splits to rooms that aren’t reaching their full comfort level.
- Connect several units to one unit outside.
- Sleek design goes well with any décor.
As you can see, mini splits have some great benefits. Next, we’ll discuss when a multi-zone mini split system is the right choice.
When To Choose a Mini Split System
Any home can use a mini split system to save energy. However, they are a better choice in some situations compared to other options. Here are the times you should consider a mini split system.
- You prefer to avoid ductwork. When building a new home, you’ll achieve greater cost savings when no ductwork is needed.
- The old ductwork is damaged, and you’d rather close it off.
- An addition is built and needs a heating and cooling system for that room only.
- Certain rooms in the house don’t cool or heat well because of where they are located. The mini split gives those rooms the boost they need.
- You want a system that creates energy savings.
- You prefer the slim model of a mini split rather than an unsightly window unit for cooling.
- When ease of care is important, such as when cleaning and changing a filter, which is difficult with a central HVAC system.
- You have a desire to individually control the temperature of each room.
Multi-zone mini split systems offer many advantages. Consider them for your home when you are looking for a system that offers comfort, ease of use and control, and energy savings.
At Pioneer Mini Split, we offer several choices for a multi-zone mini split AC system, including ducted and ductless varieties. Contact Pioneer Mini Split or browse our online store for more information.