Year-Round Advantages of Multi-Zone Mini Split Systems
We all want our homes to feel comfortable, no matter the season. There are other options available than the traditional central heating and air systems that allow you to create a comfortable home. In this article, we’ll discuss the year-round advantages of multi-zone mini split systems and why you should consider them for temperature control in your home.
What Is a Mini Split System?
A mini split system helps cool or heat individual rooms, rather than one unit heating and cooling the entire house. They are composed of two units: one outside and one inside. The indoor units are designed to hang discreetly on a wall so that they aren’t an eyesore.
Benefits of the Multi-Zone Mini Split System
Let’s look at the many year-round advantages of multi-zone mini split systems.
- Customize the temperature in each room by controlling each unit separately.
- Increase your comfort level as the unit quickly heats or cools a room.
- Lower energy use means a much lower energy bill.
- Low profile compared to a window unit.
- No need for ductwork means less mess and less maintenance.
- Enhance your current HVAC system by adding mini splits to rooms that aren’t reaching their full comfort level.
- Connect several units to one unit outside.
- Sleek design goes well with any décor.
As you can see, mini splits have some great benefits. Next, we’ll discuss when a multi-zone mini split system is the right choice.
When To Choose a Mini Split System
Any home can use a mini split system to save energy. However, they are a better choice in some situations compared to other options. Here are the times you should consider a mini split system.
- You prefer to avoid ductwork. When building a new home, you’ll achieve greater cost savings when no ductwork is needed.
- The old ductwork is damaged, and you’d rather close it off.
- An addition is built and needs a heating and cooling system for that room only.
- Certain rooms in the house don’t cool or heat well because of where they are located. The mini split gives those rooms the boost they need.
- You want a system that creates energy savings.
- You prefer the slim model of a mini split rather than an unsightly window unit for cooling.
- When ease of care is important, such as when cleaning and changing a filter, which is difficult with a central HVAC system.
- You have a desire to individually control the temperature of each room.
Multi-zone mini split systems offer many advantages. Consider them for your home when you are looking for a system that offers comfort, ease of use and control, and energy savings.
At Pioneer Mini Split, we offer several choices for a multi-zone mini split AC system, including ducted and ductless varieties. Contact Pioneer Mini Split or browse our online store for more information.