- Flush the air and other non-condensable gases out of the copper line set and indoor unit
- Alternative for the inefficient and expensive quick-connect line sets
- Cost-effective, simple, and quick evacuation
- Perfect for most people and installations
Pioneer KWIK-E-VAC is an all-new, revolutionary, patented kit designed to simplify the installation process. This product is intended to provide an alternative to a vacuum pump, a tool that was previously required to install mini splits.
KWIK-E-VAC works by flushing the air and other non-condensable gases out of the copper line set and indoor unit combination, in order to ensure that the refrigerant in the system remains contaminant-free. In order to bleed the lines of any air and check for leaks, a vacuum pump and pressure gauges were previously needed. This kit allows the user to bypass that step, making any mini-split system truly DIY.
Use this as an alternative for the inefficient and expensive quick-connect line sets, which reduce system efficiency and capacity, and cost 10 times more than the cost of this kit. A cost-effective, simple, and quick evacuation, perfect for most people and installations.
Weighs 8.5 ounces when empty.
This kit provides an alternative way to install a split air conditioner, if a proper vacuum pump is not available for the evacuation of the line sets. See below instructions, only to replace the specific section in the installation manual covering the use of a vacuum pump for evacuation. Follow all remaining instructions in the manual as originally written.
- Read all safety instructions above and wear protective gear as suggested.
- Keep the metal can upright at all times while using. Do not tilt or tip.
- Ensure the electrical power to entire equipment is switched off at the main breaker.
- Indoor section of the air conditioner: Connect both copper pipes of the line set to the indoor unit properly and as instructed in the equipment installation manual, using proper torque, methods, and materials approved by the equipment manufacturer.
- Outdoor section of the air conditioner: Connect ONLY THE GAS SIDE copper pipe (one with larger diameter) to the GAS side service valve of the outdoor unit properly and as instructed in the equipment installation manual, using proper torque, methods and materials approved by the equipment manufacturer. Do not connect the LIQUID SIDE copper pipe (one with smaller diameter) at this time, until instructed further below.
- Connect the end connector of hose of the purging kit to the SERVICE PORT on the GAS SIDE SERVICE VALVE of the outdoor unit tightly. Pay attention to prevent valve damage.
- Turn the valve on the flushing kit can tap valve clockwise, reaching all the way down.
- You should hear the flow of flushing material flowing into the GAS side of the copper line set and then flowing out freely at unconnected pipe end of the LIQUID side of the copper line set near the outdoor unit. Once flow is confirmed, close the tap valve, then open again for 5 seconds at a time, repeating until about 2/3 of contents in the can are used up. Close the tap valve of the can. (Valve turns CW to open and CCW to close).
- If no flow of the material is noticed when first opened, close the flushing kit tap valve, disengage the hose connector from the service port, and adjust the depressor inside the hose connector outward by 1 or 2 turns, and repeat the steps 5 through 7 above.
- Now it is time to quickly connect LIQUID SIDE copper pipe (one with smaller diameter) to the LIQUID side service valve of the outdoor unit properly and as instructed in the equipment installation manual, using proper torque, methods and materials approved by the equipment manufacturer. At this stage all 4 pipe connectors are tightly connected.
- Open the tap valve again and release the remaining material in the can into the system until contents are entirely used up. Disconnect the hose from the service port of the unit.
- Using soapy bubbles spray, carefully check all 4 pipe connections for leaks. If the leaks are present, tighten, adjust, or repair the connection to stop any leaks, and repeat evacuation.
- While the purging hose remains attached to the service port, unscrew the tap valve from the top of the canister to release all remaining gas pressure, and wait until all purging material pressure is entirely released. Disconnect the hose from the service port.
- Follow the installation instructions provided by the equipment manufacturer for the next steps, such as opening the service valves to release the refrigerant, other verifications, and further startup procedures. For multi-zone systems, use one kit for each zone.
WARNING for California residents only: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Warning: Use only as directed. Read label instructions carefully.
- Keep out of reach of children. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and/or inhaling contents may be fatal. Vapors are heavier than air and may spread along floors. Avoid breathing vapors or mist. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothing. Provide sufficient air exchange and /or exhaust in work areas. Handle in accordance with good industrial hygiene and safety practice. THIS PRODUCT IS FOR OUTDOOR USE ONLY.
- Contains gas under pressure, may explode if heated. Flammable gas. Do not spray on an open flames or other ignition sources. Keep away from heat. Vapors may form flammable mixture with air. The products should only be used in areas from which all sources of ignition have been excluded. Electrical equipment should be protected to the appropriate standard. No sparking tools should be used. Take measures to prevent the build-up of electrostatic charge. Keep away from open flames, hot surfaces, and sources of ignition. When using DO NOT SMOKE. Disconnect the electrical power to the equipment.
- Pressurized container: Do not pierce or burn, even after use. Do not store in enclosed vehicles. Protect from sunlight. Store in a well-ventilated place. Store at temperatures not exceeding 120 degrees F / 49 degrees C. Keep container tightly closed and in a dry and well-ventilated location. Store in original container. The product has and indefinite shelf life when stored properly.
- Ensure adequate ventilation, especially in confined areas. Use respiratory protection if needed. Wear safety glasses with side shields. Direct contact with liquid may cause frostbite. Wear proper protective gloves when using.
Contains: 1,1-Difluoroethane which has zero ozone depletion potential and a very low global warming potential. See MSDS for additional safety information at https://www.pdhvac.com
Free Shipping For All Orders Over $49
WE ARE CURRENTLY IN THE BUSY SEASON, PLEASE ALLOW US 1-2 MORE BUSINESS DAYS TO PROCESS AND SEND OUT YOUR ORDER. THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING.
For a Limited Time we offer free shipping on All Orders Above $49 by Standard Ground or delivered by Freight (LTL) to the 48 contiguous states. Free shipping offer does not apply to Alaska, Hawaii, or any international destination. Free shipping eligibility is noted on the product page, above the price.
Click here for information on Returns and Refunds
We only ship to the 48 contiguous United States. No shipments to APO/FPO addresses, AK, HI, PR or other US Territories. No international shipments. Due to the size and the weight of our equipment, we can only utilize well known freight companies for shipping. Each shipment will be palletized, strapped down and wrapped in stretch film to protect against damages during transit.
Upon arrival you may ask the driver to break down the palette into individual cartons to unload the goods from the truck easily. We generally include Lift Gate service. This will arrive as curb side delivery. Trucker will unload the goods from the truck to ground level. If you must have inside delivery service, there will be an additional charge which needs to be paid separately and coordinated with the freight company. We also allow free pickup from our main distribution warehouse, located in Miami area. Equipment we sell is not suitable for express or courier shipping because of their weight as well as high risk of damages.
Due to higher than expected order volume and busy sales season, larger orders may take an extra 3-5 days to be prepared for shipment. We are working around-the-clock to ship out all orders in a timely manner, and will communicate with you if there are any unexpected delays or questions.
We prepare each shipment within 72 hours after the receipt of payment (only during weekdays). Trucking companies usually pick up same day or a day after we call them that the shipment is ready. The transit may take any time between 5 to 8 business days and in rare cases up to 12 days.
We will provide tracking information after shipment. Please contact us in case of any shipment delays. CHECK YOUR INFORMATION CAREFULLY TO SUBMIT THE CORRECT DELIVERY ADDRESS, UPDATED EMAIL AND A VALID PHONE NUMBER with your order. Someone must be present to receive the cargo at the time of delivery. Delivery company will call your phone number to setup a delivery appointment for residential deliveries. If your phone number is not valid, the cargo can not be delivered and will be returned at your expense within 3 days of arrival. If the delivery is refused or can not be delivered, it will be handled as returned merchandise.
Upon arrival, count all cartons and compare with the number stated on the delivery receipt before signing. Open the cartons and inspect the goods carefully for any damages. All products have been inspected under strict ISO regulated facilities and leave our warehouse in perfect condition. Report any shipping damages to the freight carrier on the delivery receipt and file a claim. Also contact us with the description of damages and pictures, etc. Although rare, certain freight damages can occur and we are here to help.
We carry all necessary replacement and service parts and components in large quantities and make them available during and after the warranty period.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
How many times can i use this product?
This is meant to be used for one installation of one set of lines. Each installation of additional lines would need another bottle.
Does the fitting on this fit the one on the service valve or do you still need a adaptor?
This has a 5/16" connection and is ready to connect to the service port without an adapter needed.
I would like to use this product to flush the line set, and then apply a vacuum pump immediately later. I like the idea of first displacing the air/moisture from the line set, then vacuuming out all the gases, and while the system is known to hold the vacuum--release the refrigerant from the outdoor unit (as indicated in the instructions). So my question is: Is it a bad idea to vacuum out the kwik-e-vac gas? Is there any problem created by doing this?
This would completely fine to do. The secondary purpose of the Kwik-E-Vac is to introduce positive pressure into the closed circuit in order to check for leaks. But if you have a vacuum pump handy then you can just use the pump and gauges to do this instead.